Transhumanists are a fascinating bunch, though I can’t help but see most of their views as simply a projection of religious longing onto science. As Ken MacLeod wrote, the Singularity seems to be “the rapture for nerds”.
Apropos, a prayer:
- Our Posthumanity in Singularity,
- hallowed be our science,
- our omega come,
- our will be done,
- on earth as in noosphere.
- Give us today our uploads.
- Cast off our skins
- as we see accelerating change.
- Save us from existential risks
- and deliver us from senescence.
- [For the Singularity, the power, and the glory are ours
- now and for ever.] Amen.