These are my links for July 1st through July 6th:
- MachineLearning.pdf (application/pdf Object) – Over the past 50 years the study of Machine Learning has grown from the efforts of a handful of computer engineers exploring whether computers could learn to play games, and a field of Statistics that largely ignored computational considerations, to a broad discipline that has produced fundamental statistical-computational theories of learning processes, has designed learning algorithms that are routinely used in commercial systems
for speech recognition, computer vision, and a variety of other tasks, and has spun off an industry in data mining to discover hidden regularities in the growing volumes of online data. This document provides a brief and personal view of the discipline that has emerged as Machine Learning, the fundamental questions it addresses, its relationship to other sciences and society, and where it might be headed
- OJS Customizations | Public Knowledge Project – The Public Knowledge Project is dedicated to improving the scholarly and public quality of research. The partnership brings together faculty members, librarians, and graduate students dedicated to exploring whether and how new technologies can be used to improve the professional and public value of scholarly research. Its research program is investigating the social, economic, and technical issues entailed in the use of online infrastructure and knowledge management strategies to improve both the scholarly quality and public accessibility and coherence of this body of knowledge in a sustainable and globally accessible form. It continues to be an active player in the open access movement, as it provides the leading open source software for journal and conference management and publishing.
- Home | American Statistical Association – The American Statistical Association (ASA), a scientific and educational society founded in Boston in 1839, is the second-oldest, continuously operating professional society in the United States. For 170 years, the ASA has provided its members and the public with up-to-date, useful information about statistics. The ASA has a proud tradition of service to statisticians, quantitative scientists, and users of statistics across a wealth of academic areas and applications.
- Stock Market News, Opinion & Analysis, Investing Ideas — Seeking Alpha – Long and short investing ideas, stock quotes, market news, analysis, blogs, and free conference call transcripts
- Solver Foundation – Solver Foundationâ€™s intrinsic solvers are written in managed code , covering several families of numerical and symbolic programming:
Revised Simplex Linear Programming (Primal and Dual Simplex)
Interior Point Method Linear and Quadratic Programming
Constraint Programming with Exhaustive Tree Search, Local Search, and Metaheuristic Techniques Compact, Quasi-Newton (L-BFGS), Unconstrained Nonlinear Programming
Mixed Integer Programming
- TDWI: Data Warehousing Education & Solutions | Data Warehouse Management | Business Intelligence | BI/DW – TDWI (The Data Warehousing Instituteâ„¢) provides education, training, certification, news, and research for executives and information technology (IT) professionals worldwide.
- Open Source Enterprise Content Management System (CMS) by Alfresco – * Freely downloadable open source CMS
* Supported by an active community of developers
* Ideal for developers and highly technical enthusiasts